After graduating college during the 2008 recession, I was fortunate to join a startup IT and hosting company who needed someone to design and build simple websites for their clients. I was essentially an in-house freelancer who did everything from scoping to developing to invoicing. Larger projects eventually came, and I built out an incredible team of young developers, all of us eager to learn and do good work.
I learned so much during my 7 years at that company; navigating stressful deadlines, leading client negotiations, making decisions, and even failing sometimes from inexperienced overcommitment.
Then, WP Engine took a chance on me, allowing me to join their Digital Experience team and help maintain their online properties. My team enables other marketers to build their own web pages for campaigns, supports the sales team through chat and tooling, and encourages customers to self-serve as much as possible. My team is also a major contributor to how the brand itself is presented to the world. I am learning about storytelling, optimizing for conversions, and problem solving.
I am a strategic thinker with technical experience and a passion for creative solutions. I work well as a liaison between what’s important for stakeholders, what’s right for users, and what’s realistic for developers.
Hello, I'm Jason.
WP Engine (2015–Present)
Sr. Manager, Digital UX Strategy (Marketing)
- Ensure consistent experiences across all touchpoints of our buyer journey that helps people make confident purchase decisions.
- Oversee staffing and resource capacity for web design team.
Manager, Web Design Team (Marketing)
- Player-coach serving as mentor, leader, and hiring manager to a growth-minded design team.
- Responsible for scoping projects that support business objectives, including customer acquisition and lead generation.
- Founding member of Conversion Rate Optimization team, which formalized a testing strategy driven by engagement data.
- UX representative in end-to-end buyer journeys from paid media to web strategy to checkout.
Lead Web Designer (Marketing)
- Designed and delivered high fidelity experience prototypes to development team.
- Created and maintained a design system used across 30+ public-facing websites.
- Established team cadences and processes. Planned and scheduled sprint work with lead developer.
- Oversaw all web design projects, particularly focused on buyer journey and brand awareness.
Web Designer (Marketing)
- Designed web pages and graphics for websites, email campaigns, events, ebooks, white papers, and apparel.
- Designed and developed a/b experiments to improve conversion of landing pages from marketing campaigns.
Immense Networks (2018–2015)
- Managed team of software developers and designers.
- Scoped projects and managed diverse set of customer accounts.
- Designed UI/UX for websites and native iOS applications.
- Developed frontend components, view templates, and CSS systems.
- Maintained hosting environments via cPanel and the command line.
Gatorworks Web Design (2007–2008)
- Designed corporate marketing assets including logos, business cards, and tradeshow materials.
- Learned initial web design and development techniques.
LSU Student Media (2005–2007)
- Designed advertisements for LSU publications including the Daily Reveille newspaper, Legacy Magazine, and Tigerweekly.
Dependable and resourceful under pressure. Well-organized activator who can prioritize action items and delegate as necessary.
My ultimate passion, creating delightful experiences that accomplish business goals while respecting users on any screen size.
Success with planning and executing multivariate experiments for customer acquisition and lead generation.
Strategic thinker with technical experience and a passion for creative solutions. I work well as a liaison between what’s important for stakeholders, what’s right for users, and what’s realistic for developers.
Can write HTML/CSS/JS and navigate several programming languages. Comfortable with package managers, task runners, and version control.
Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
- Minor in Art History
- TOPS scholarship
University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA)
- Full academic scholarship